Looking for a hearty and healthy vegan meal? Try this easy-to-follow recipe for vegan lasagna by simply-recipes.
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Once they are cooked, drain them and set them aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, crumble the block of firm tofu with your hands. Add garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and mix well.
4. Add nutritional yeast (optional) to your tofu mixture and mix well.
5. In a separate skillet, sauté the sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper until they are tender.
6. Take a baking dish and pour a small amount of tomato sauce into it. Spread the tomato sauce around the dish until it covers the bottom.
7. Place a layer of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the tomato sauce.
8. Spoon some of the tofu mixture onto the lasagna noodles and spread it evenly.
9. Layer the sautéed vegetables on top of the tofu mixture.
10. Add some fresh spinach leaves on top of the vegetables.
11. Repeat this process until you have used up all your ingredients.
12. Once your last layer is complete, pour vegetable broth over the top.
13. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place it in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
14. Remove the foil and continue baking the lasagna for another 10-15 minutes.
15. Once it is done, take the vegan lasagna out of the oven and serve it hot. Enjoy!
Estimated Macros per Serving:
The macronutrient content of vegan lasagna will depend on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Here is an estimate based on the recipe provided:
Per portion (assuming the recipe serves 2):
- Protein: 18-20g
- Fat: 7-9g
- Carbs: 43-45g
- Fiber: 7-9g
- Sugar: 11-13g (all from the tomato sauce)
- Salt: 1000-1500mg (depending on the amount of added salt)
It's important to note that these estimates are rough and will vary based on the specific ingredients used. If you need more specific nutrition information, it's best to calculate based on the actual ingredients you use.