These Vegan Chicken Nuggets from Simply Recipes are perfect for those who miss the classic childhood favorite. They are easy to make and full of flavor.
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add in TVP, stir and let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Drain any excess liquid from the TVP and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
4. Add in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, paprika, and black pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
5. Form the mixture into small nugget shapes.
6. Heat up the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
7. Once hot, fry the nuggets on each side until golden brown.
8. Transfer the nuggets to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until fully cooked.
9. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Estimated Macros per Serving:
Based on the ingredients and assuming 2 portions are made: